Interactive Panel Debate 1: Ways to promoting a holistic approach to sustainable development in harmony with nature
On April 20, 2011 the UN General Assembly hosted an Interactive Panel Debate on sustainable development in harmony with nature including the Universal Declaration for the Rights of Mother Earth. The webcast of the complete is included. The opening statements of the panelists is included in the opening segments of Part 1.
(Part 1/2) Interactive Dialogue of the General Assembly on Harmony with Nature
20 April 2011
See start points of statements in the list of panelists below.
The panel included:
- Mr. Martin Khor, Executive Director of the South Center
Panelists (Panel at+24 minutes and Introductions at +31 minutes)
- Ms. Vandana Shiva, Founder of Navdanya, India (Statement at +36 minutes)
- Mr. Peter Brown, Professor, McGill University, Canada (Statement at +60 minutes)
- Mr. Cormac Cullinan, Environmental Attorney, South Africa (Statement at +1 hour 06 minutes)
- Ms. Riane Eisler, Author of “The Real Wealth of Nations: Creating a Caring Economics” (Statement at +1 hour 26 minutes)
Opening Remarks were presented by:
- Acting President of the General Assembly
- H.E. Mrs. Asha-Rose Migiro, United Nations Deputy Secretary-General
- H.E. Mr. Pablo Solon, Permanent Representative of Bolivia to the UN